B.Tech. (Food) empowers students with expertise in food technology, safety, and innovation for a rewarding career in the food industry
Food technology is the practical application of food science in developing and producing food. It involves selecting, preserving, processing, packaging, distributing, and ensuring the safety and nutrition of food. The field is gaining popularity worldwide, including in Nepal, due to its relevance in today's health-conscious society. NCFST offers quality education in Food Technology through experienced faculty, focusing on practical learning. Join us for a unique educational experience in this flourishing field.
Tradition of Success
NCFST, under the umbrella of NIST, has been providing a generation of successful graduates securing highest positions in the University board exam results and such graduates have obtained influential position on many field already. NCFST is strongly dedicated to produce such excellent graduates in the future.
The candidates who have passed in second division I.Sc. Or 10+2 (science) and certificate level of food technology /laboratory technology from Tribhuvan University or an institute recognized by this university shall be considered eligible to apply for admission to B. Tech. (Food).
• Completion of 12 years (10+2) of formal education with a minimum of second division. The applicant should have successfully finished higher secondary education or an equivalent recognized by Tribhuvan University.
• Applicants who have completed a certificate level program in food technology or laboratory technology from Tribhuvan University or a TU-recognized institute are also eligible to apply.
• All applicants must take the entrance examination conducted by the Institute of Science and Technology (IoST), Tribhuvan University. A passing score in the entrance exam is mandatory.
• The university will release a merit list based on entrance exam performance. Those on the merit list can seek admission to Tribhuvan University, its constituent campuses, and affiliated private colleges according to their ranking.
Here, you learn how to live.
Enroll for a new admission
• Product development manager in a food research company
• Research work as a scientist abroad to formu-late new product range
• A sensory scientist to monitor organic proper-ties like aroma, flavor and more.
• Monitor or quality controller of food products in their contamination and adulteration prevention units.
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Production Manager
- Laboratory Supervisor
- Food Packaging Manager
- Research Associate in premier institutes, universities and research and development units
- Food packaging technologist and food preservation managers in various food packaging industries
- Opportunities in various posts in government services (Department of Food Technology and Quality Control, Food Management and Trading Company, etc.)
- A very appropriate career option for aspiring entrepreneur even with very low investment
Activities at NCFST
• International internship opportunities
• Excellent performance in co-curricular & extra activities in national and international competition
• Group project work for product design and development
• Nutritional survey
• Practical courses conducted in
mini-industrial scale food pilot plant
• Resource exchange with industrial institutions
• Social activities
- : Physics
- : Chemistry
- : Math and Statistics
- : Instrumental Techniques of Analysis
- : Basic and Food Microbiology
- : Basic Principles of Engineering